My Child Is Gay

'My child is gay: how parents react when they hear the news' is a book (edited by Bryce McDougall) consists of a "collection of letters written by parents who have first-hand experience of that moment. These letters were written to be shared - to help other parents come to terms with unfamiliar feelings. They have also proved invaluable to the concerned young person contemplating the best way to come out."

Ban's mum lend this book to me, perhaps to help me and my parents if I should choose to come out to my parents. I have read over 40 pages of it so far. Each letter is short and so it's easy to just read one or two regularly.

Recently I came across this advice to other parents, prefacing the letter, given by a mother from rural New South Wales in Australia:
Enjoy your children, straight or gay. Have fun with them - life is too short to be angry and upset because they have not fulfilled your dreams of them. They are all individuals and must be respected for this.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant