Recent Yahoo Mail

Five weeks after I urged a boycott of Yahoo Mail, they introduced a new feature 'Recent' that basically allows you to view, in a vertical list, the recent e-mails. You can also delete the ones that you are not interested in.

In this way, once again, I can multi-task between e-mails, an adequate a substitute for the e-mail tab function that was removed from the previous version. I don't know whether it is better or worse but it's good enough for me.

It's a relief because I tried using other alternatives. I had two problems: mapping of Yahoo Mail folders and setting up my work e-mail. There doesn't seem to be an alternative free e-mail programme that can do both. Theoretically, Thunderbird could but I couldn't get it to recognise my work e-mail setting. Weird.

Someone who set up petition for bringing back the old version managed to meet some Yahoo's personnel. They admitted to releasing the new version when it wasn't ready e.g. the Recent feature was planned from the start. They never explain why the rush and there was no mention of apology for all the problems the new Yahoo Mail caused (still has no 'Print' button!). Disclaimer: this was that person recount of the meeting.

Seems like something changed drastically when the new CEO (formerly Google employee) arrived and what a bad start for Yahoo Mail.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant