Duel of Champions: 14th Swiss win!

Hehehe can't believe I won another so soon. After a string of close unranked game losses, I decided to join Swiss tournament again when Standard format was up. Needed to check in 3 times because there were not enough participants (need 8).

Again I used Kal-Azaar 4/6/0 control as it was generally still the best deck at that moment. All 3 opponents used Inferno heroes. The surprise was the first opponent: his ELO was merely 6! Guess he was just trying out the tournament. I know my bro-in-law and I tried even before we finished the campaign hehehe. Incidentally, my current ELO is 1380

The second duel was the toughest (ELO 1587): also a Kal-Azaar 4/6/0 but without Enthrall and with 2 Moon Phoenix. I was behind time and towards the end, his 2 Phoenix were just annoying me. In the last 1 minute or so (he had like 3 more minutes than me), I top-decked Enthrall and used it to control and move his blocker for me to deal the final blow.

The last duel was against someone I dueled with twice before (ELO 1638). Handily lost the first time and narrowly lost the second time. I was hoping he would lose his second duel in this tournament but as expected, he went into the final against me. I knew beforehand (from spectating a little) that he was using the Kal-Azaar rush 3/3/2 and guessed that it would be similar to the one he used to be beat me previously. To my surprise, this time he included Hall of Torment. He used it once and it was evidently a gamble because he forwent putting creatures to block my creatures' attack. Fortunately, I top-decked once again by drawing Ariana, whom I used to destroy that fortune. Phew! I won the very next turn.

So, before I continue, I would like to express my eternal gratitude to the O'Mighty God of Top Decking for some of my Swiss wins hehehe.

For the record, the tally now is as follows:

Necro (2) - Ariana on Standard and BS2 format each
Inferno (4) - Deleb probably on Inferno-only format, Kal-Azaar on "minimum 30 spells" format, twice with Kal-Azaar on Standard format.
Stronghold (5) - 3 Kat on Standard and 2 Kat on BS2 format
Sanctuary (1) - Yukiko on Standard format
Haven (1) - Cassandra on Standard format
Academy (1) - Myranda on Standard format

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant