Duel of Champions: 17th Swiss win

Shortly after the previous win, I had many losses. There was a sea or orange (orange = loss, purple = win) in my replay manager. Yikes :( My current ELO is down to 1329.

Many of the losses came during the wee hours of the morning i.e. few hours after midnight. Yes, it could be due to my tiredness but I think a better explanation is that many Europeans are active during those hours (around 8pm-9pm their time) and almost all the good DoC players I know are from Europe.

So yes, it was bruising beaten by many of them eventhough our ELO (rank) are the similar. At one point, I was so frustrated, I uninstalled the game. Drama, right? :)

But the next day, I reinstall it because I thought, "Hey, this is a challenge to my mind. With enough practice, I'm sure I can beat at least some of them." My main problem is that I'm not good at deck building. I'm much better at taking someone else's deck, modify it if needed, and practise to master it. Unfortunately, many top players have stopped playing and posting their decks on the forum. Hence, it's a struggle for me to win duels because of new suboptimal decks.

Nevertheless, I kept trying out different decks to determine a couple of decks that I can rely on to win duels in tournaments. To date, it is still Siegfried barrack deck that won me the previous Swiss tournament, and the Kal-Azaar control deck.

This time, my Siegfried deck faced Nightmare Mother (ELO 249), Dhamiria (1373) and Kal-Azaar (1202). The second duel was the longest although it took only a total 6min 5sec (out of a possible 14 mins). On hindsight, this Dhamiria deck posed the biggest challenge to me. Its key cards are Greater Fire Elemental, Warding Pillar, Arkath Wrath and Stone Shield. I guess I was lucky in getting out my barracks early. In fact, that happened in the other 2 duels. Phew!

So with that, the tally now is as follows:

Necro (2) - Ariana on Standard and BS2 format each
Inferno (5) - Deleb probably on Inferno-only format, Kal-Azaar on "minimum 30 spells" format, 3 Kal-Azaar on Standard format.
Stronghold (5) - 3 Kat on Standard and 2 Kat on BS2 format
Sanctuary (1) - Yukiko on Standard format
Haven (3) - Cassandra and 2 Siegfried on Standard format
Academy (1) - Myranda on Standard format

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant