Rearrangement

My b-i-l had a brilliant idea: rearrange the furniture so that my dad's bed and lazy chair would be in the dining hall while the dining furniture would be in the living hall where his lazy chair was. The idea was to avoid a step (there's one between living hall and dining hall) when going to bathroom and to the car.

So after lunch on Saturday, we did that. Boy, it was tiring!
  • Moved dining chairs to one side. Seated my dad on one.
  • Moved lazy chair.
  • Treadmill from living hall to upstairs (so heavy!).
  • Dining table to living hall (hard to grip and so seemed so heavy).
  • Bed to dining hall.
  • Lazy chair to dining hall. Seated my dad there.
  • Small table from upstairs to next to my dad's bed. Some chairs placed there too.
  • Dining chairs back to dining table.
In future, the temporary monthly maid will be sleeping next to my dad at night and can nap in my parents' room. Hopefull she'll be good.

Fortunately, he could sleep on the bed. He acknowledged that he needed to slowly get used to sleeping on the bed so that it woul be easier (compared to when on lazy chair) for people to change his diaper and turn him around to combat bed sores, when he's bedridden in future.

Given his low tolerance of pain and the rather poor quality of life he's having now, dad agreed with me that it would be great if he passes away in his sleep since he can sleep well.

Comments

William said…
Hope the new configuration works out.
Jaded Jeremy said…
William,
My sister said that he seems to be happier.

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant