Blips

Once a while, there's a blip in quality of food served at my favourite restaurants. Bad day, bad luck, lapse in supervision etc. The key thing is that it should be rare. Sometimes I let it go but if it happens again, I'll tell a senior staff. Other times I give feedback immediately.


This was a plate of salmon belly sashimi at Sushi Mentai, Butterworth. I had already eaten 3 slices but they were the same as these two in the photo: scrawny. Fortunately, it was back to normal the next time I ordered.


I rarely order anything else at Sushi Tei @3 Damansara other than sushi and that too the bulk of it consists of 4 pieces of salmon sushi and 2 pieces of butterfirst sushi. On this rare instance, I forced myself to order something else. Something that I had before and praised it for having carrots as displayed in their photos (unlike Sushi Zanmai): curry udon.

I was surprised to see these tiny bits of chicken. All curry udon I had thus far had chunky pieces and so if these tiny bits were served previously, I would have remembered. Also, all the pieces fit nicely in a soup spoon. Stingy.

Incidentally, on every table, there was a sticker telling customers that they could send feedback via WhatsApp. I did that. Later, a training supervisor called to find out which venue it was and emphasised the value they placed on customer's feedback. Apparently, the SOP was to have 60gm of meat in it. That looked less than that, I think.

He also said I can call his phone number to provide feedback directly if I wish but he said it was better tell the staff right on the spot at the restaurant. I did that when paying but didn't flag waiters before eating. Guess I'll try to do that next time? *shrug*

Comments

William said…
Slivers of sashimi
Jaded Jeremy said…
William,
Haha yah, right?

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant