2021: The forgettable terrible year

2021 is a year I think many of us want to put behind us. It was another year of Covid-19 pandemic, with worse variant, the Delta variant, rampaging all over. Towards the end, the Omicron variant emerged, which appeared to be even more transmissible. Initial observation seems to indicate that it's less lethal but there's still not enough data to be conclusive as there are other confounding factors like vaccine and prior infections.

I honestly thought the pandemic would be over by mid-2021, mostly based on vaccination drive. WHO is right about one thing: no country is safe until every country is safe. It was a plea for the richer countries to help directly/indirectly to vaccinate the poorer countries. 

Once again, I couldn't travel to visit my sister and her family in Australia. As for my mum and my sister in Penang, I could do it only recently, after 16 months of absence. 

Despite this difficult time, I am very grateful that we are all safe, fully-vaccinated (some of us already had booster shot) and that none of us are antivaxxers.

Some news that I didn't blog about:

  1. Books that I completed reading: Adults on the Autism Spectrum: Leave the Nest, Achieving Supported Independence - Nancy Perry; That Blue Sky Feeling - Okura 
  2. Finished watching Season 1 of Wheel of Time on Amazon Prime Video. I like it but still wish they didn't stray significantly from the book series. A few decisions are questionable/not needed, in my opinion.
  3. Watched only one movie: Spiderman No Way Home, with Ban and my mum. Good movie
  4. One of the rare occassions where a few friends managed to make it for my birthday dinner. Thank you for taking the time :)

Hope 2022 will be a much better year for everyone! Stay safe, be happy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant