Crusader Kings 2: Bohemia campaign - Zitava, 6th Crusade, Pope

I didn't have complete control of Kingdom of Bohemia because of 1 tribe and 1 barony. Much earlier I managed to wrest the tribe from Italy.

I then toggled "interest" in the Hungarian king because he ruled over that barony. I was puzzled and disappointed that the next king was still in defensive pact against me. I expected fresh new ruler to be out for a day or two. Grrrr.

Many years later when this ruler grew up, he approached me with a marriage proposal and as expected, he left the pact to do that. So I promptly declared war on him to claim that barony.

With that, I had complete control of the Bohemian kingdom. However, I noticed that somehow I didn't have complete control over Kingdom of Galicia-Volhynia. I checked a few times but couldn't find a foreign-owned land within the kingdom. Grrr.

I later found out that a bishopric somehow went to the Pope! I didn't detect earlier because the colour of our emblems were similar. Grrr. I had to find an opportune time to declare war on the Pope.

 

Because I was concentrating on forming Slavic Union, a major reason that is, I didn't want to take the titles for myself and thereby increasing threat level.

This time, I couldn't use my preferred strategy when nominating a beneficiary i.e. there was no kinsman/kinswoman who was parent of an existing ruler.

I finally settled on my brother who was married to a French duchess, in the hope that when their son inherit both parents' titles, that duchy would fold into Kingdom of Valencia. This then would weaken France and be easier to war against them when I want to claim their sole county within my realm.

However, my brother was given a county in the midst of the crusade, thereby disqualifying him as a crusade beneficiary. Then I nominated the Queen of Lithuania, wife of my vassal king. Since Lithuania was within the Wendish Empire, High Crown authority applied and so that kingdom shouldn't fall out of the empire.

In any case, the point was moot because King of Egypt, a kinsman, won the crusade and so his beneficiary became King of Valencia, whereas the Queen of Lithuania was made a duchess in the kingdom since my contribution to the crusade was the 3rd highest. 

 

After the crusade ended, I noticed that the Pope was not in a defensive pact against me and so I seized the opportunity to regain the bishopric from him. Thankfully he didn't call anyone for help. Phew!

Much later, my vassal King of Lithuania also warred upon the Pope for a bishopric too. Stop taking our stuff, Pope!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant