Cholesterol 2022: Part 1, WBC count

Recently I underwent my usual annual health screening test. I usually go for the cheapest package that must include haematology profile, lipid profile, kidney function, liver function, CA 19.9 and CEA. As usual, the most appropriate package has other tests too but this time I opted to also add cardio-vascular disease risk assessment.

Thankfully, all results were fine. Below are more details on the lipid profile and WBC count results.

Cholesterol results compared to 4 months ago:

                                 Sep 2021        Ref. range        Jan 2022          Ref
Total cholesterol           4.9               < 5.17                5.2               <5.2
HDL ("good")               1.5               > 1.03                1.81            >1.04
LDL ("bad")                 3.1               < 2.6                   3.0             < 2.6
Triglycerides                 0.5               < 1.69                0.8              <1.7
Total/HDL ratio                                                           2.9              <5.0
Non-HDL                     3.4               < 3.36                 3.4              <3.4
LDL / HDL                   2.0                < 2.0

 

So they're about the same. I'm a little surprised because I couldn't exercise as much because it's been rainy the past 4 months and so I couldn't swim and I stopped the walking exercise so not to aggravate my knee pain.

The question is whether it can be at least this good if I further reduce the intake of fenofibrate from 4x weekly to 3x weekly.

My WBC count remains at 3.1 while neutrophil is at 58.3% i.e. count of 1.8.  So that's good news although WBC count is considered low but at least it's normal for me and more importantly, the hematologist was comfortable with that level. I'm still abstaining from taking vitamin supplement on daily basis and to take them only when I'm sick.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant