Crusader Kings II: Deheubarth campaign - Three firsts

Until I become emperor, I have no intention of getting crusdaer kingdoms directly or indirectly. What I hope is to bring success to the House of Zee Mau :)

We won this 3rd Crusade handily. Egypt went on to grow stronger in the future. Go go Zee Mau!

 

This was the first time in this campaign that I granted land to someone so as to make them my vassal and later I pressed their claim for a desired title.

As I didn't want to give any county or even barony, I built a city and gave him that. Yes, he was elevated to Lord Mayor after the successful war and thus the governing system of his realm was (merchant) republic. Yes, I suffered a -20 penalty with him for having the wrong type of government and so I need to keep an eye on him. Definitely try not to strengthen his power further. On the flipside, I received higher income from him.


This was the first time in this campaign that I ventured out of Britannia: pressed a duke's claim on Poher. Usually I prefer to press claim for vassls of one tier below me as they are the ones who create factions. Need to keep them happy and pressing their claims is one way. However, I will hesitate to do so if it makes them too powerful.

As for West Connacht, I waited for a long time for my vassal duke to press for it, being the de jure liege of that county. I decided to do it myself since I'm capable of doing it and that that made him happier with me.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant