Australia: The domestic journey

I was so focused on other things and the fact that I only slept for half an hour in the plane (tail-bone was sore, apparently because seat is not for small person like me) that I forgot to take any pictures at the Sydney's international terminal. Oh well. So I started with taking picture of the Qantas bus shuttle from the terminal to the domestic terminal:

Qantas bus transfer

It's free specially for Qantas passengers. Virgin Blue has its own shuttle too. All other passengers use the "T bus", which I've forgotten whether it's free or not.

The bus is comfortable. Only issue I have is its frequency: it's mostly at 20 minutes interval. I sure hope I can catch on in time on the way back because my domestic flight reaches Sydney at 4.50pm and the international flight is at 5.50pm!

Boarding gate to Canberra

The boarding gate, Gate 16, is the furthest away from where the bus arrived! By the time I reached the gate, it was already 7.50am, which was the time for departure! Fortunately there were significant number of stragglers. If this was SIA, there was no way we all could have boarded since SIA is so punctual at closing gate at 10 minutes before departure time.

Landed at Canberra

Yes, I've landed at Canberra airport (which does not have international terminal) at just past 9am local time. The screen looks a bit gimpy and as you can see, it could not fit everything in. Maybe this is just a temporary screen as the airport appears to be undergoing some sort of renovations.

My journey from Singapore to Canberra via Sydney took slightly more than 10 hours. The bad part about it is that it is a night flight. Imagine you get on the plane at 8pm Singapore time. About 9.30pm they served dinner. Now, that's 12.30am Sydney time. Then less than 5 hours later i.e. 5am Sydney time, it's time for breakfast! It's best to take the morning flight, whereas the way back, there is no such problem.

However, to maximise my stay in Canberra, and due to lack of leaves (been squandering here and there hehe), I've taken the night flight.

PS: Been having rather lucid dreams for more than a week. In fact, just 2 nights ago, I had 3 different dreams (or scenarios) within the same sleep but with a friend all appearing in all 3 of them. Weird.

Comments

JamesW850i said…
WHO?!! Who appeared in all your three dreams in the last two nights..? Amazing~~~
Medie007 said…
kewl... enjoy ur stay in canberra. :D
Jaded Jeremy said…
JamesW850i,
It was all in the same dream lah but like 3 different scenarios. Do you wish it was you? ;-)

ah-bong,
Thanks :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant