Foot reflexology & a surprise


IMG_6508, originally uploaded by williamnyk.

I had always wanted to try foot massage but two things stopped me: price and fear of embarrassing myself by screaming my lungs out ;-)

Well, due to a sudden elevated stress at work, I decided to try Kenko's foot reflexology and foot bath, after having shoulder & neck massage (which includes arms, fingers and head). I (wisely) chose the shortest duration i.e. 45 mins, which consist of 15 mins of bath and 30 mins of massage.

First 10 mins of the bath was just my feet in a machine, filled with quite hot water. It's like a jacuzzi for my feet (although I've never tried a jacuzzi before but it sure looks like one). It was relaxing for my feet although it appeared to be streaming on one side more than the other. Meanwhile, I slowly sipped on the flower tea.

Then for the next 5 mins was, the masseur scrubbed my feet. Again, a first for me. I was amazed at how smooth my feet felt after. Like baby's feet! Hehe.

The foot (and calf) massage came next and oh boy, it was so much more painful than the massages given by Bigfoot or I-Squeeze. The big toes were the worst! I nearly screamed when my left big toe was massaged. After those, the next most painful was the outer side of the feet. Surprisingly, the middle portion wasn't the most painful. Maybe this is due to the way of the massage: it utilises small movement of the thumb across every inch of the foot, unlikely using the knuckle.

Will I do it again? You bet! :-)

Ps: Remember the waiter at the Italian restaurant? He's no longer working there. Got a surprise call from him and we'll be having dinner sometime next week. That's a pleasant surprise :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant