Singapore Botanics Garden Part 1

William was down in Singapore for a week, from late March to early April. It was the longest stay so far but like most good things, it's never enough :-)

On the first Saturday of April, William, Derek, Llyod, Nick and I made our way to Singapore Botanics Garden. If I recally correctly, it was Derek's suggestion although someone has been whinging that his other half had still not brought him there although latter had suggested it before ;-)

I had always thought the garden is called Botanical Garden and so I was surprised to learn its actual name. Hmmm I wonder why it's named this way. I supposed it's similar to Historical vs Historic City? *Shrug*

So all of us walked around, not necessarily together all the time but within sight of each other most of the time initially. William, Derek and Llyod took photos using proper cameras while I used my gimpy handphone. Nick was there, panting from the sun and the walk hehe. Ok, I did that took but not that obvious :-)

Some of the photos I took:

Pink lotus

The usual image I have of lotus flower is the one with broader petal and white.

Plant shaped carving

It was only later at home when I was viewing these photos that I realised the carvings on the wall are shaped as plants with the usual shaped leaves.

Red flower

Isn't this so red and looks unreal?

White from red

Never have I seen such flower. It looks like a flower crawls out of a dragonfruit!

Brown pearl on rocks

Like a brown pearl on rocks...

Unusual pine tree

Look at its leaves. Pine leaves, right? So unusual.

Fern's curled end

Curled end.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant