Restless night

It is less than 2 weeks to the breath test for H. Pylori. During this 2 weeks, I have to refrain from taking PPI i.e. proton-pump inhibitors. In short, these are medication that inhibits the production of gastric juice. I've been taking at 1 omeprazole at least at bedtime before this period. However, ever since this moratorium began, I started having gastric again.

First it started with gastric in the late morning. The usual treatment with food didn't work. Had to take antacid. Took the usual stronger yellow Actal. Didn't work too well. Went out and bought Mylanta, a liquid antacid. Worked wonders but didn't last as long as I would like it to be but still gratful for its very fast relief. At least, I managed to attend my first Body Balance class, which is basically a combination of yoga, pilates and tai-chi. I like it! It helps that the instructor is good as well.

Now I cannot sleep. I was merely in shallow sleep since bedtime and as expected, had to wake up because of gastric. Drank warm glass of milk. Helped tremendously and tried sleeping again. Tossed and turned. Felt warm. The bed felt warm. Switched on aircon. Still warm. Lowered temperature. Gave up and blogged instead.

I doubt the sleeplessness is due to gastric although having to wake up and do something about the gastric definitely didn't help the process of trying to sleep. Not sure why I'm restless. The heat maybe? It's been very hot during the day these few days, with no rain. Perhaps the dinner? Shouldn't have ordered the Italian restaurant's special milk tea. Almost always my sleep is disturbed when I have it for dinner (think lunch is ok). Mind's thinking a tad too much? Could be, could be. A few things are on my mind lately of which I don't know how to respond yet.

Whatever it is, I hope I can sleep well after this...well, after I take a few teaspoons of Mylanta.

Comments

William said…
Yap put something in your Mont Tea!
Little Dove said…
It could be all the factors you mentioned causing your sleeplessness. Maybe you are sensitive to caffeine. Even having a glass of cola at dinner makes me unable to sleep at night. Stress may also precipitate the gastric problem. Hope your breath test comes out clear.
Jaded Jeremy said…
William,
Overactive imagination!

Little Dove,
I don't believed it's caffeine. I can drink coffee at night and yet sleep soundly. Also, that means I cannot depend on coffee to stay awake :-) Doctor did guess it's stress but it's less stressful now compared to few weeks back leh. Oh well. Just hope can sleep tonight lah. Had only 3 hours of sleep last night :-(

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant