Dilemma

I'm sure some of you have heard this before:

What if you have a dream where you see your mother and your spouse are drowning in a sea? You can't rescue both and so you have to pick one to rescue.

Your spouse urges you to save your mother as it is filial to do so and that she has brought you up with much effort and sacrifices. Your mother urges you to save your spouse as you two have much life ahead to spend together and build a family, whereas she is already old.

What will you do?

I've heard of this several times from different sources but one struck me as interesting for being different. In that version, this dilemma was posed by a psychologist/psychiatrist/a mind expert (sorry, can't remember the exact vocation) and the solution was to stop dreaming. Why put yourself into such unnecessary trouble?

I'm not sure whether it was a joke or not but I always remember this and at times posed the same dilemma to other people. Oh yes, sometimes I nearly got smacked at the end lol.

Comments

Anonymous said…
that's one hell of a tough choice to be made. I've once considered this... ended up no answer to that. lol
Jaded Jeremy said…
Izach Olivera,
It is difficult, isn't it? Well, here's one way out :)

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant