Change in budget

I am a fan of budgeting and keeping track of expenses, as evidenced in this post. As stated in the second last paragraph of the post, monitoring of expenses acts as an important feedback to the budgeting process.

I have adjusted my budget from time to time. Sometimes it's to tighten it i.e. austerity and at times to expand it. Recently, I have expanded it slightly. Specifically, I have expanded my allowance for food.

Previously, I budgeted for lunch and dinner costing probably RM6 each. On top of that, there was allowance for more expensive food once a week. Although I still manage to keep to that budget for lunch, unfortunately it's difficult for dinner. This is due to lack of choices around Ban's place. The cheapest is this restaurant selling duck noodle/rice costing RM5. Next up is those Chinese restaurants selling individual rice and noodle dish costing RM5.50 to RM6.50 each. Both haven't factored in drinks as I usually will have herbal tea costing RM1.50-RM2. Also, at least twice a week, I'll eat at a Western and/or Japanese restaurant costing between RM12 to RM25, although one of them is already covered by budget for expensive food.

Another reason for the expansion of food budget is that I've recently decided to have 2 servings of fruit each day, instead of only 1. This is one adjustment I'm happy to make as I do feel healthier after starting this habit. My illness is less severe and fruits are tasty :)

Of course I expand the budget only after I make sure that my income can cover the new expenses. It should be able to if I include expected income from dividends and the occasional actuarial projects. As usual, I'll keep on monitoring.

Comments

thompsonboy said…
Dont order drinks...its all sugar and grossly overpriced. Just go for water
Jaded Jeremy said…
thompsonboy,
I have drinks for one of my meals and that's usually for lunch. I almost always have herbal tea, no ice and less sugar. It's good for "heatiness". For the other meal (usually dinner), I usually have warm water.

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant