New Yahoo Mail

Yes, there were and probably still are gripes from many people about the new Yahoo Mail design and function. In fact, I was one of them but you know what? Now that I used it for a few months, I had already forgotten what the fuss was about. All I remember now that I wasn't happy that they put the latest e-mail at the top of the Inbox - something hardly worth breaking a sweat about.

However, I have to point out one really good feature of the new Yahoo Mail: when you open an e-mail to read, it is opened in a new tab. This makes it easier for me to cross-reference with other e-mails without needing to repeatedly opening and closing e-mails. This is quite important for my work.

Yes, I know that Gmail has something similar (open e-mail and then click an icon to further open it in a new window) and apparently the old Yahoo Mail has such thing too (something about right clicking or control-right click; sorry, I didn't investigate) but it's simple to use in the new Yahoo Mail because it's the default setting. There is no need to google to find out some hidden clicks or to do a where's-Wally style to spot the right icon.

The one thing that bugs me is the advertisement on the right side, which sometimes crash. There doesn't seem to be a way to switch it off. Well, they do need to earn money, don't they?

Comments

Anonymous said…
I agree that I started to like it, well...guess what? Yahoo changed it again just minutes ago and it is the worst design ever.

I had a Premium Plus, or what ever they call it, and actually paid for it and if they do not change something quickly, I will not be that loyal business customer for more than a day or so longer. I will have to go to Outlook or Mac Mail.

I am interested to hear what everyone thinks.
Jaded Jeremy said…
Anonymous,
Yes, I was very annoyed and quite stressed (because I had urgent e-mails to reply) when I discovered the tabs were gone! Fortunately, some helpful folks on the net gave a solution: Setting -> Viewing E-mail -> Choose Basic. I find it really silly to get rid of the tabs in the so-called advance setting.
Anonymous said…
I HATE THE NEW FORMAT--WISH THERE WAS SOME WAY TO RESTORE THE OLD ONE. I AM CHANGING TO SOMETHING ELSE.

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant