Nearly symmetrial cracked tooth (Part 2)

(continue from Part 1)

Instead of two weeks, I received a call from the clinic nine days later informing me that it had arrived. I gladly accepted an earlier appointment offered on that day itself.

The whole process took 45 mins, most of it was spent on adjusting the height of the tooth and also ensuring that the mouth guard could still be used comfortably.

Unfortunately, the tooth was became extra sensitive and painful the following day. It was even more sensitive before fitting in the new crown. The dentist checked the tooth and asked some questions. She said she would treat it as sensitive tooth at the moment and applied some treatment. However, if it didn’t get better, then root canal would be the likeliest option :(

As advised, I brushed with sensitive toothpaste (as I’ve always done anyway) and applied it directly on it at least twice a day.

I was asked to monitor it for a week before deciding to consult her or not. Hence, I was pleasantly surprised to receive a call from her four days later. I told her that it didn’t get worse but wasn’t sure it was because I tolerated the sensitivity/pain better or it was because I switched from Sensodyne Rapid Relief to Colgate Sensitive Pro-Relief. I said that I would like to continue like this for longer (than a week).

Later, I noticed that the sensitive/painful area was right at the gum line where the cement was. Hmmm.

Comments

William said…
Problem with the cement?
Jaded Jeremy said…
William,
I highly suspect that too. Going to ask my dentist whether she can do something about it. Should be much cheaper than root canal.

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant