Crusader Kings II: Deheubarth campaign - Capua, Adrianapolis, Samos

My vassal Queen of Lotharingia declared war on Doge of Amalfi to claim Capua. Problem was that she was 52 years old and her main army was far away from Capua and so I was worried she might die before winning the war. Also, depending on how long more the war between Amalfi and Byzantine goes on, she may not have enough troop to defeat Amalfi. So I decided to help her.

 

This was my second attempt to press a vassal's claim to Duchy of Adrianapolis. The first one ended when my vassal, only in his 40s, died in the dungeon of his liege whom he revolted earlier. I declared that war in spite of it triggering defensive pacts but, as I suspected,  3 notable sovereigns were busy with their own wars. I could handle whomever that responded to the Byzantine emperor's call to arms. Oh well.

However, the upside was that my threat level kept going down and once it touched below 90%, a few nations dropped out of pacts, including Byzantine. So my 2nd attempt went much better. Fortunately, I had another vassal (who was the daughter of the previous claimant) who had claim over this duchy.

I now have two goals: to connect my realm in Mesopotamia to the Balkan states and, a more ambitious objective, to encricle the Mediterranean Sea so that it becomes a lake to my realm, as the Romans did in real life.

As an aside, before these two wars, there was the eleventh Crusade, which I forgot to record. It was over Kingdom of Nenetsia, a place I loathed to battle on because severe winter caused troop limit to plummet to 2.5k. However, in the end, I participated because I want it to, eventually, go to a strong vassal king so that they could expand eastward without my help.

I managed to find a few unlanded kinswomen whose heirs would be my vassal kings. We won, she became queen but died shortly after I warred upon Byzantine, thereby bringing the Kingdom of Nenetsia into my realm. Nice.


I was up at about 87% warscore in "joining" a vassal's dejure war over Druz when I was notified of the Byzantine emperor's death (I had toggled interest on him). I was happy that the next emperor wasn't in a defensive pact against me (not yet, anyway) and so I stood down all armies to declare war for a courtier's claim on the Duchy of Samos. I granted my spare county to him just before I won.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant