Ramen Hitoyoshi @ Starling Mall

I didn't dine at Ippudo as much as I initially intended to because I later realised that the portion was too much for me i.e. too much noodle. I stopped going there altogether when their chasu shrunk to the size of a baby's hand and yet their price was maintained (it was already the most expensive ramen among ramen restaurants).

It was during a search for a drinks/dessert shop with our friends that I passed by Ramen Hitoyoshi. I later looked at its Google review: think at that time it was a little lower than 4 but most of the latest reviews were good. I suspected that they improved their service since the complaints?

So I decided to try it, with Ban.


Price was significantly cheaper than Ippudo's but portion was also smaller. That suited me just fine.

What got me excited was this:

It was delicious. Their chasu was moist, not dry and of square-cuts, rather than the usual round ones. The broth was thick as I chose "strong taste". "Hard" noodle wasn't as hard as I expected but it was good.

They also provided a saucer of black and white sesame seeds to be pounded and mixed with the noodle soup. There were also a container of beansprout soaked with light sesame oil and a container of fried shallots. Love these!

 

 Seems like I forgot to take photos of the dish itself haha.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant