Crusader Kings II: Deheubarth campaign - Handover, Vladimir, Armeniacon

I just started two wars (vs Vladimirian Revolt, and vs Ahamdid Emirate) when my then emperor passed away. Stood down armies so that I could declare war on Byzantine for a courtier's claim on a duchy, whom later I made a baron by giving him my newly constructed barony. I probably could have declared war on more fronts but oh well.

 

The previous claimant was a non-kinsman and I was waiting for the then King of Vladimir to die so that I could declare war for this claimant and make him my vassal (before the war ends, of course) by granting him my spare county/barony.

However, instead, the claimant died and I totally forgot that he was matrillienally married to my kinswoman (it had to be my doing) and so his claim passed on to his son. The Vladimirian king didn't rejoin defensive pact despite giving him more than a year to do so (I'm not taking advantage of that bug where each time I load a saved game, rulers start to leave the pact) and so I declared war on him.

Meanwhile, scary Khagan Timur had successfully conquered the Persia's part of Tuzon (my vassal was holding the other half) and shifted his capital to that region. We were now neighbours. Eeeek.


It had been a long time since a foreign ruler came to me with a marriage proposal. I was about to finish helping a vassal with his war against Amalfi when the Byzantine emperor approached me. I then declared war on him to press a courtier's claim to the Duchy of Armeniacon. That was the last 'spare' barony I could give away.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant