One end to another

The disinterest I felt when I had dengue fever continued for more than a week until Ban introduced me to this game:

Atlantica Online Quest

Atlantica Online.

Since we finished playing (one run) Magicka and Borderlands, we've been searching for another game whereby we can play multiplayer, on top of whatever single player games we've been playing respectively.

Atlantica Online is an MMORPG and it's free. We're balked at paying subscription fee hehe. The one and only time I subscribed to play an MMORPG was Everquest. I had lots of fun but it just took lots of my leisure time.

I'm grateful that Ban introduced me to Atlantica Online because finally I could shake off the disinterest feeling. In fact, I am also now back to reading my Actuary magazines, the investment book The Intelligent Investor and the book on psychology How To Think Straight About Psychology.

However, after playing it for a couple of days I was beginning to have some dejavu: it felt like the early days of Everquest where I didn't have restful sleep and my mind was occupied with the game almost all the time!

I told Ban about it and I now going to cease playing the game each day after dinner onward so that I have hours to do other things and properly wind down for sleep. I'll still at least read e-mails, FB and do a sudoku puzzle in the morning. We don't even talk about the game at night any more :) Coincidentally, on New Year's Eve, we went for a dinner potluck gathering at a friend's place and that night I slept well.

It's all about balance, ya? :)

Comments

Vincent~ said…
i was told it will not have any updates anymore, so i din opt to play it. is it true? @@
Jaded Jeremy said…
Vincent,
I'm not sure what you meant by "updates". When did you receive such info? They did add (likely temporary) some content to celebrate Christmas event at Santa Villa. Also, last Friday, they had an unscheduled maintenance.
Jaded Jeremy said…
Ban,
Lol! Self-praise.

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant