Share investment Apr 13 Part 1

Just a couple of changes since the last update in Jun 2012:

(1) Sold some shares of CapitaCommercial Trust mainly because I wanted to beef up my emergency fund and also to reduce its weighting as it was much larger than other counters within my portfolio. Gained profit of 43% for an average duration holding of about 1.5 years. Naturally I'm pleased with the outcome.

(2) Initiated a long position in Venture Corporation Limited, after managing to save more money. I was hesitant about the timing as I didn't know whether the share market was frothing badly or not. In the end, I decided to buy this counter and hold off purchase of others, that I'm also aiming for, until much later. As for Venture, it is essentially an IT company providing design, manufacturing and e-fulfillment services relating to IT. Admittedly I am not familiar with such business as much as others and so I relied on analysis performed by others. Also, it is my aim to diversify my portfolio and it seems to be a good fit for my portfolio currently. I have to, however, be vigilant and observed its EPS (earnings per share) as it has been falling for the past few years. Another risk is large weighting within my portfolio due to its share price. Yup, better keep a close watch on this company.


(3) As at 26 Jun 12, I have investment in 14 companies (I've also indicated whether their source of business is solely in Singapore only or not):

  • Second Chance Properties (Singapore only)
  • AIMS-AMP Industrial REIT (Singapore only)
  • Boustead Singapore Ltd
  • CapitaCommercial Trust (Singapore only)
  • CapitaMall Trust (Singapore only)
  • CapitaRetailChina REIT
  • First REIT
  • M1 (Singapore only)
  • SBS Transit Ltd (Singapore only)
  • SIA Engineering
  • SP AusNet
  • Singpost
  • SingTel
  • Venture Corp

Charts to come in Part 2.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant