Backache

Two Fridays ago, after a shower at night, I noticed the ache on my right upper back that seems to gradually affect the right side of my neck as well. I was a little worried but was hoping that it would be gone after a good night sleep.

However, I woke up in the middle of the night feeling sharp pain around that area (it was difficult to pinpoint the exact spot of the pain), so much so that I could fall back to sleep. I had to wake up, had some early breakfast and painkiller.

I had to stop all my exercises, including my weekly Sunday yoga class, to properly recover. Fortunately, by Monday, it was more or less gone.

I am still not entirely sure what caused it. My best guess is that I may have performed improperly the crunches or a particular yoga pose on Friday.

That it struck again. Somehow, due to "bad" pillows back home (they were uncomfortable), I sort of reinjured that area by sleeping on my side (I usually sleep on my side if my nose is not blocked). So I did what I did before to recover: used heat pack twice a day in the day and heat rub twice a day in the evening and night.

I'm almost healed. I still stay away from yoga and swimming though. Had to do treadmill for exercise.

Comments

William said…
Spank those bad pillows
Jaded Jeremy said…
William,
Even better, my mum's going to throw them away :)

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant