MCO food: Chicken

Chicken is generally the cheapest meat in Malaysia, Singapore and, surprisingly, in Australia. Second cheapest is pork, in all those countries too.

Ban and I prefer chicken to pork but we're getting a little sick with it lately haha. Problem is that it's far easier to cook chicken. I myself tried to mix it up during this MCO by replacing it with salmon, prawn, porkball and fishball.


Ban was inspired by my idea: he stir-fried chicken that was marinaded overnight with Maggi curry powder seasoning. We had lots of those because his preferred way of eating instant noodle (he sometimes have it for supper) is to use Bovril, rather than the seasonig that comes with it.

It was delicious, as expected, so much so that he did it again later hahaha. I don't like food with added MSG and so my sister suggested an alternative: bottled seasoning from Masterfoods. I bought the "All Purpose" seasoning for Ban to use and it was equally delicious! Yay!

Incidentally, Ban prefers breast meat but I don't like it because it tends to be dry. One trick that I learned from my mum and sister is to marinade it with cornflour and a little bit of oil. It works each time and Ban doesn't mind it. Phew.



It was a long time since I cooked stir-fried oyster sauce chicken, with some light and dark soy sauce. It looked really delicious but unfortunately it turned out to be underseasoned. It might be also a little oily for Ban :(


Simplified version of Oyakodon, as suggested by my sister. Quite nice actually. It was appetising. I will cook this again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant