MCO food: Part 3

Ban and I took turns to shop for grocery and cook i.e. whoever shopped, he also cooked for the next few meals (started at 2 meals but increased to 3 later). The other person would be in charge of storing the grocery and, for the next few meals, washed dishes, wiped table and stove (I had been helping to do the last one all the time). We cooked only for dinner. For lunch, we bought food from our favourite chap fan shops.


This was, in my opinion, an improvement over the previous one in terms of rolling but replaced avocado with egg. Yum! Always love this meal.



Ban's mum passed us some fresh prawns (they were alive when she received them @@). I then seek advice from my family on how best to cook them. I followed my mum's recipe: "Marinade with white sauce, black sauce and sugar. Can be overnight. Then fry some garlic. Fry the prawn. Put a little water and stir fry till dry. Taste adjust as you please."

I believed I got the technique right but not enough seasoning. Fortunately, the sweetness of the prawn was more than enough to make it a delicious dish.

Comments

William said…
Fresh prawns best blanched or steamed without the need of much overpowering seasoning. Yummy!
Jaded Jeremy said…
William,
No ginger at the time for steaming. Ban's sensitive to smell :) Besides, I love this dark soy sauce style by my parents. Even Ban likes it.

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant