MCO food: Part 5

Since I bought ginger, I cooked the ginger version of the chicken wing cooked previously. So the difference was, aside from substituting garlic with ginger, more light soy sauce compared to oyster sauce and more watery. I also used more ginger than I normally would to manage the "meaty smell" that Ban doesn't like.


 He definitely prefered this over the garlic version. I loved the sauce so much that next day I made dry noodle dish with it :) When I next cooked this, it was using chicken breast and so as expected, he loved it even more. As a compromise, I marinated it with, among others, cornflour and a little oil so that it would taste dry. It's a keeper, for sure.


The world's first weirdly shaped salmon cucumber avocado maki hahaha. I thought I could short cut the process by using larger strips of cucumber. Ok, I basically sliced it into two halfs longitudinally. Well, not going to do this again :D

Comments

William said…
My mum's typical recipe : garlic, young ginger, light soy sauce, dark soy sauce, and sugar to caramelize the sauce a bit. The sugar makes a difference.

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant