Cholesterol 2014

It was time again to go for my annual cholesterol test. The results (as compared to a year ago) are as follows:

                                       Dec 2012           Jan 2014           Ref. range
Total cholesterol            5.5                     5.9                      < 5.2
HDL ("good")                1.32                   1.67                    > 1.04
LDL ("bad")                   3.8                     3.8                     < 2.6
Triglycerides                   0.8                     0.9                     < 1.7
Total/HDL ratio              4.2                     3.5                      < 5.0

Initially, I was disheartened at the increase in total cholesterol but felt happier when I looked at the details. LDL and triglycerides level are about the same but HDL has increased significantly. Woot!

As a result, the total/HDL ratio has gone down again, continuing the trend from a year ago. I guess the swimming (something I just started in 2013) helped a lot, although I was a little apprehensive because I didn't walk as much as I used to.

I'm still taking oat every morning and try to swim on almost daily basis, in addition to yoga on Sunday. Unfortunately, since Dec, it has been raining almost daily and so the pool was too cold to swim. Even on "good" days (where there was considerable period of sunshine), the pool was quite cold. Bah.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 1)

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - character build (Part 2)

Strange expectorant